PlayGround uses cookies to give you the best browsing experience. If you continue browsing we understand that you accept our cookies policy.

Artículo Teenage girl raped twice in one night by two different men News


Teenage girl raped twice in one night by two different men



Playground Traduccion

01 Agosto 2017 11:50

The incident occurred after the girl had said goodbye to her friend

Police in Birmingham are working with the British Transport Police to track down the second man who raped a teenage girl in the early hours of Wednesday morning. The 14-year-old victim was initially accompanied to Witton train station in Birmingham by a friend. CCTV shows the two teenagers walking towards the station. They then parted ways.


When the girl was left alone, a man approached her from behind and dragged her to a secluded part of the station where he raped her. Shortly afterwards, the victim left the station. She flagged down a vehicle to ask for help, but was raped again after getting into the car with the second man.

Police authorities have described the attacks as 'horrifying' and said that they have specially-trained officers supporting the girl. One man has already been charged with rape. Khurram Rahi, 27, from Smethwick, will appear at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on Monday over the first alleged incident at Witton Station in the city.

Officers continue to appeal for information in connection with the second rape in the early hours of Wednesday. Detectives are searching for a suspect, described as a stocky Asian man of about 5ft 6in and with large biceps, in connection with the second attack.

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Fitzpatrick of the British Transport Police said: 'This case has gained national interest and I am pleased we are now in a position to charge a man in connection.

'I would once again like to thank the public and the media for their help in sharing this appeal.

'However, we still have a suspect outstanding for the offence in the vehicle. I would urge anyone who may have any information regarding this attack to get in touch as soon as possible.

'The second assault happened at approximately 2am close to Witton Station. The victim flagged down a vehicle for help, a man then raped her.'